ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM - TERMS & CONDITIONS
YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR ORIGINAL WHEEL PURCHASE INVOICE TO SUBMIT REQUESTS FOR BENEFITS
This 36-Month Road Hazard Protection Plan (“Road Hazard Program”) is provided by WHEELMAX identified on your invoice for the new wheels you purchased (“WHEELMAX/EXTREME PERFORMANCE LLC”) as part of a service package.
WHAT IS COVERED: This Road Hazard Program covers only the new wheels that you purchased from WHEELMAX and that are (i) listed clearly on your original purchase invoice by brand, type, and size (ii) for which you purchased the Road Hazard Program (“Eligible Wheels”). This Road Hazard Program is limited to the repair or replacement of wheels damaged as a result of a road hazard beyond repair. Shipping and Handling is not covered by this warranty.
TERM OF COVERAGE: This Road Hazard Program covers eligible wheels for a term of 36 months from the wheel purchase date on your original invoice.
WHAT IS ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE? Road hazard damage occurs when a wheel structurally fails during the course of driving in a legal manner on a road maintained by state or local authority.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? This Road Hazard Program provides reimbursement for (i) wheels that are damaged beyond safe repair; (ii) wheel replacement up to the lesser of the original purchase price of the wheel, the replacement wheel cost, or $399.99, per wheel per occurrence, as set forth below (collectively the “Benefit Limits”) during the Coverage Term, when an Eligible Wheel is damaged by a road hazard.
WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS?
- Your original purchase invoice must include the following:
- Original Selling Facility name, address, and phone number
- Your full name, address, and signature
- The year, make, model, and mileage of your vehicle
- The brand, type, size of wheel
- Purchase of the Road Hazard Program at the time of wheel purchase
- Under no circumstances will the eligible reimbursement amount exceed the Benefit Limits.
- The Road Hazard Program reserves the right to limit reimbursement to the generally accepted retail replacement costs
- If you do not follow the instructions provided, the Road Hazard Program is not obligated to reimburse or pay for the cost of any repairs or replacements.
WHERE YOU CAN OBTAIN SERVICE: The damaged wheel must be shipped back to us for inspection to insure that the wheel cannot be repaired safely. Once the wheel is confirmed not repairable by us “Wheelmax”, we will replace the wheel or reimburse customer for replacement cost of original purchase price of the damaged wheel.
WHEEL REPLACEMENT: If an Eligible Wheel is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Coverage Term and cannot be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, it will be replaced with an exact make/model of wheel if available. If not available, a reimbursement of the original purchase amount for the damaged wheel will be issued.
If you are within 25 miles of the Original Selling Facility, you must return to the Original Selling Facility. When you are more than 25 miles from the Original Selling Facility, you must ship the wheel to us.
When a wheel failure occurs during the first 12-month period of the Coverage Term, it will be replaced with coverage up to 100% of the original purchase price of the wheel or the replacement wheel cost, whichever is less. When a wheel failure occurs during the second 12-month period, it will be replaced with coverage up to 50% of the original purchase price of the wheel or the replacement wheel cost, whichever is less. When a wheel failure occurs during the third 12-month period, it will be replaced with coverage up to 25% of the original purchase price of the wheel or the replacement wheel cost, whichever is less. Under no circumstances will 100% coverage exceed $399.99 per covered wheel. You are responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, valve stem, taxes, disposal, shipping/handling and miscellaneous fees. WHEN AN ELIGIBLE WHEEL IS REPLACED, THE ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM COVERAGE FOR THAT WHEEL ENDS. IF YOU DESIRE TO INCLUDE THE REPLACEMENT WHEEL IN THE ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM, YOU MUST PURCHASE A NEW ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM FOR THE REPLACEMENT WHEEL.
- Properly care for and maintain your wheels, including ensuring tires are operated at proper inflation pressures.
- Use all reasonable means to protect your wheels from additional damage.
- When you are not returning to the Original Selling Facility, you must contact Customer Care at 1-800-545-5745 for prior authorization and a claim number before replacing a damaged wheel.
- Furnish such information as may be required.
- Incur only expenses which are authorized in advance.
- Payment of all expenses and costs not covered by this Road Hazard Program.
- If a wheel needs to be replaced and the damage has occurred outside of the Original Selling Facility’s normal business hours, you may elect to wait for the Original Selling Facility to provide service or proceed with a wheel repair or replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement by the Original Selling Facility: (1) if replaced, the damaged wheel must be retained, AND (2) the Original Selling Facility must be contacted within 2 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility by the original selling facility.
- If a wheel needs to be replaced and you are more than 25 miles from the Original Selling Facility, and prior authorization cannot be obtained because the damage has occurred outside of Customer Care’s normal business hours, you may elect to wait for authorization or proceed with a wheel repair or replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement: (1) if replaced, the damaged wheel must be retained, AND (2) Customer Care must be contacted at 1-800-545-5745 within 2 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility.
- Submit a copy of your original invoice that clearly shows the information required above under Limitations and a copy of the paid invoice from a licensed service provider showing the location of your vehicle at the time assistance was rendered. The invoice must be dated and include the service provider’s name, address and telephone number and the year, make, and model of your vehicle. Submit requests for reimbursement by email to email@example.com, or by postal mail to Wheelmax Customer Care, 4751 Powerline Road Oakland Park FL 33309.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO RECEIVE BENEFITS WHEN AN ELIGIBLE WHEEL IS DAMAGED: If you are within 25 miles of the Original Selling Facility, you must return to the Original Selling Facility.
You are responsible for all expenses and costs not covered by this Road Hazard Program.